Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Mold making begins on "American Beauty"

I finished sculpting "American Beauty" today. I know I finished because Clint Howard brought his crew from Deep in the Heart Art Foundry and started mold making. 

This is it; I have to stop now

Laying down floor protection

She's finally ready to go

Creating an efficient work space



using playing cards for the shim lines




Gary joining the playing cards with masking tape






If you knock one card down they all fall like dominos


Shimming is finished on the legs, some of the crew moves on to shim the torso while Clint demonstrates how to apply silicon rubber on the legs.













































3 comments:

  1. so you don't put silicone over the dividing wall?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the silicon goes up both sides of the shim line.

      Delete
  2. American Beauty is one of the best films I have ever watched and the feeling of watching it for the very first time really touched me. Are the mold making supplies used in this process is durable?

    ReplyDelete